Apple pie with blanket
Butter or chocolate crumble cake. Apple with blanket. Eierschecke. Cake that I always have an appetite for. And that I’ve known since childhood. Not here. So I have to do it myself.
Action butter crumble runs as you know.
This time I have chosen “Apple with blanket” decided.
At first I thought it was a very complicated matter. Is not it. It’s easy, but takes a little time.
The recipe found is for a sheet. I cut all the ingredients in half – except for those from the cast. Because of the loved one and a lot and sweet.
For the dough you need:
350 g of flour
190 g butter
200 g of sugar
1 tsp vanilla sugar
1 teaspoon Baking powder
1/2 lemon (its zest)
For the filling you need:
4 apples (I thought of the photo too late.
100 g of sugar
1 tbsp cinnamon
For the casting you need:
250 g powdered sugar
4 tablespoons of water
Preheat the stove to 180 degrees.
I started with the filling because it has to cool down again.
Peel and roughly grate apples and add juice of half a lemon. Approximately Steam for 15 minutes.
Then mix with sugar and cinnamon.
Let cool down.
Process the flour, eggs, butter, sugar, vanilla sugar, baking powder and the zest of half a lemon into a dough. Should you notice after the dough test that you (like me) have forgotten the sugar, then it is no problem to add it to the dough and knead it.
Wrap the dough in a plastic bag (or plastic wrap) and put in the fridge for half an hour.
Prepare springform pan (I took a 28er).
Divide the dough in half, about the same size. Then roll out part 1. Cover the bottom of the springform pan with it.
Now spread the filling over it. Sprinkle a few breadcrumbs on top. (I suspect that the dough will stick to the filling.)
Roll out dough piece 2 and cover the filling with it.
Punch holes in the ceiling with the fork.
. and off to the stove for about 25 minutes.
Now prepare the icing and spread it on the cake. (I made it on the warm cake. Go.)
I had my doubts, but it is very tasty! And tastes almost like “earlier”.
In the last picture you can see that I have made an edge. Can be done, does not have to be.
What I absolutely have to do – him again. &# 128513;
Relish! &# 128512;
Rainy greetings from Anneke
EDIT SEPTEMBER 2019
After making this delicious cake several times, a few comments:
1. PS: If you forget that the dough has to be chilled for half an hour and you process it straight away, then that doesn’t affect the taste. Only when it is rolled out and placed in the mold is it somewhat brittle. &# 128527;
2. PS: Put a round breadcrumbs on the bottom dough. These then absorb some of the apple liquid and the soil does not immediately soak. The breadcrumbs on the filling can be omitted. I don’t notice any difference.
3. PS: Depending on the season – take one or two more apples. I made the filling with six Granny Smith apples today and it wasn’t that much as a filling. The apples seemed very ‘airy’ to me. This was noticeable when simmering. Because the mass shrank considerably. &# 128532;
- American apple pie – from my saucepanIn September 2009, we were on a 3-week trip to the USA, covering approximately 5,500 kilometers through the southeastern United States. The starting…
- American apple pie – taste of travelRecipes from around the world Apple Pie is one of the most popular dishes here in the United States. Whether in the form of a covered pies or with a…
- Old german apple pieAuthor of the article: janin85 autumn is here and with it great recipes for baking. Especially Apple Cake belong to me in this season. That’s why I…
- A apple a quick apple pie for lazy – elablogtAt the moment we have a small pool of apples, we prefer to be supplied by all relatives and store for the winter. Isn’t that great when you’re being…