The confectioner’s favorite toy is marzipan. He kneads and shapes it, hides it in chocolates and decorates cakes with figures and ornaments. Marzipan is a treat for the eyes, heart and tongue. This is prepared raw, tasty and very healthy.
Ingredients for 110 g:
- 100 g almonds (with skin); It becomes particularly aromatic when you use 60 g almond and 40 g apricot kernels
- 3 – 4 teaspoons of creamy honey (3 teaspoons for firm, 4 teaspoons for soft marzipan)
- 1/2 tsp dried rose petals (suitable for consumption)
- Dryer or oven (lowest setting, leave the oven door open a little, use an oven thermometer if necessary)
- coffee grinder
- Kitchen strainer (optional)
- spice mill
- Preparation: 12 hours soaking time, 15 minutes working time (peel off the almond skin), 12 hours drying time
- Preparation: 20 min.
- Shelf life: a few weeks in the refrigerator or freeze (shelf life about 1 year)
Pour the almonds into a glass bowl and soak them covered with plenty of water for 12 hours.
Drain the soaking water and remove the brown almond skin. Rub the almond between your index finger, middle finger and thumb as if you were snapping your fingers. The light almond kernel slips out. If it works, skinning is quick.