Author of the article: janin85
autumn is here and with it great recipes for baking. Especially Apple Cake belong to me in this season. That’s why I pulled out an old recipe and baked one of my favorite apple pie last week: old German apple pie .
I don’t even know exactly where the recipe came from. I baked it for the first time a good 10 years ago and had the recipe from some magazine.
Ingredients for a 26 cm springform pan
For the dough:
375 g of flour
200 g butter or marguerine
175 g of sugar
For the filling and the casting:
1 kg of apples (I used Boskop)
100 g of sugar
Juice 1 lemon
75 g ground almonds
50 g chopped almonds
75 g raisins (I always leave them out)
1 tsp cinnamon
3 tbsp icing sugar
1. Use the dough hooks to make a shortcrust pastry from the flour, butter, sugar and egg. Then cool it for 2 hours.
2. Wash, peel and quarter apples and then cut them into wedges. Mix with sugar, lemon juice, the chopped and ground almonds as well as raisins and cinnamon.
3. 1/3 of the dough is rolled out thinly on the floured work surface in the size of the springform pan. Grease the springform pan and cover with the dough base. Form the 2/3 of the dough into a roll and place as a border in the springform pan. Push up a good 5-6 cm. Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Tip from me: I always do a lot of small roles and then push them up on the edge, it doesn’t have to be a big role.
4. Prick the pastry base several times with a fork so that it does not bulge when baking. Put the apple mixture on top and roll out the rest of the dough (approx. 26 cm in diameter). Then place over a rolling pin and place on the apple mixture around the cake to cover.
Prick several times with the fork.
5. Place the cake in the preheated oven and 50 min. Bake on the 2nd shelf from the bottom.
6. Mix the icing sugar and 1 tablespoon of water and spread the icing over the hot cake.
It is best to serve the still warm cake with fresh cream or vanilla ice cream.
How do you like apple pie? Do you like such more elaborate variants or just a simple sheet cake is enough?
Everyone loves a sweet now and then and there is really nothing wrong with eating dessert. Everything is allowed as long as certain decisions are made…
In September 2009, we were on a 3-week trip to the USA, covering approximately 5,500 kilometers through the southeastern United States. The starting…
Recipes from around the world Apple Pie is one of the most popular dishes here in the United States. Whether in the form of a covered pies or with a…
pages Saturday November 11, 2017 Apple pie with blanket Butter or chocolate crumble cake. Apple with blanket. Eierschecke. Cake that I always have an…